Friday, June 3, 2011

Best Thing Since Sliced Bread? Mac n Cheese Sandwich

Oh yes, your eyes are not fooling you.  I did indeed pile mac n cheese between two slices of sourdough bread.  This has been a dream I’ve wanted to make a reality for a long time. 

Dreams really do come true

But that’s not all folks – my mac n cheese had a spicy kick from some chopped jalapenos, AND I topped it off with chunks of pancetta I sautéed with a pad of butter and a spoonful of brown sugar.  This sandwich is affectionately known to me as "The Cheesy Piggie."

Next time around I’m going to change things up a bit:

1) Use better bread – I used sourdough, it was too overpowering and I didn’t like the texture.

2) More cheese please, because you can never be too cheesy.

3) Bigger chunks of pancetta – my grocery store only has the packaged pancetta that comes precut in tiny chunks, not nearly enough pancetta in each bite.  

I don't have a specific recipe for this masterpiece (but if you want some help, I can definitely assist).  Just use your favorite mac n cheese recipe and run wild with it! 
         
Giant pot of cheese

 Look at that pancetta glisten

 This makes lots of mac n cheese sandwiches

Behold, The Cheesy Piggie

1 comments:

Einat said...

That looks sinful!

Post a Comment