Monday, June 13, 2011

Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

As most of you already know, or may have figured out, I have an absurdly large sweet tooth.  I have successfully managed to polish off batches of cookies and cakes by myself (probably not something to brag about).  In order to curb my excessive dessert intake, I now try to decrease my baking.

A few weeks ago, my coworker had a housewarming party - the perfect opportunity for me to bake something and not single-handedly consume all of the goods.  For two years, yes, TWO WHOLE YEARS, I have had this Mini Oreo Cheesecake recipe bookmarked but never actually made it.  On this fine Saturday in May, I finally
dug up that sad and lonely recipe and got to work.

It was well worth the wait.  I sampled three for good measure, and they turned out delicious.  The recipe below only uses half of an Oreo cookie for the crust, but I say why use half when you can use the whole thing?

Yes indeed, those are whole oreos in there 

 I had to hold myself back from chowing down on the cheesecake mixture

Front view, looks yummy

 Artistic slanted view, still looks equally appetizing

 Sliced view, whoa baby

 Lots of cheesecakes

Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
Recipe from GroupRecipes

Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20-25 min
Yield: 15 mini cheesecakes
Ingredients
1 package Oreo cookies
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened (I used light cream cheese)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
Foil or paper muffin cups
Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Place foil or paper muffin cups in a muffin pan.
2.  Split cookies in half.  Put the side of the cookie that has more icing in the foil or paper muffin cups, icing sides up.  Reserve the remaining cookie halves and set aside.
3.  Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
4.  Spoon mixture into the muffin cups about 3/4 of the way up.
5.  Crush the remaining cookie halves and sprinkle over tops.
6.  Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
7.  Let cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.

1 comments:

Christina said...

these look awesome! i will have to make for the in-laws, who love oreos...

Post a Comment