Sunday, October 31, 2010

I cooked. I ate. I had food coma.

I’m just your average 25-year-old woman living in New York City who happens to have an obsession with all things related to delicious food.  I have a humongous sweet tooth that I have failed to tame, but I try to counterbalance my sweet indulgences with some gut busting workouts at the gym a few times a week.  I am by no means a chef, but I love to cook (and eat)!

Most of the recipes I attempt are fairly simple for the everyman with ingredients that are easy to get your hands on and a cook time that won’t consume your entire day.  I have two reasons for this:

1)  More cooking time = less eating time.  Don’t get me wrong.  I enjoy cooking.   Ever since I was a little girl, the reason I cooked something was so I could eat it. The thing is, the more time I spend cooking means I have less time doing something I like more…eating, one of the main drivers of my cooking exploits.

2)  Cooking ain’t cheap in the Big Apple.  I would love to try out recipes with a long list of extravagant ingredients, but that would take a big toll on my modest bank account.   I always find myself scanning recipes and immediately crossing off options that have ingredients that are pricey or difficult to find.  Simple and inexpensive are key.

Sharing is caring, so of course I love to cook for my family and friends - especially my husband.  We both love trying new restaurants around the city, but there's something to be said about a nice home cooked meal prepared by my loving hand (very cheesy I know).  

As for the title of this post - people who know me well would understand, I'm known for eating a lot and passing out from food coma shortly after.  I'm not a glutton by any means (though it may sound like it), but when something tastes so good, sometimes I can't resist!

Come join me on my food adventures and feel free to share any comments or suggestions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment